Writing Workshops in Greece: Thessaloniki & Thasos
Announcement: Summer 2020 Canceled due to Covid- 19. We plan to host the program in Summer 2021. When we have dates set we will update the website. Until then, be safe and healthy.
Writing Workshops in Greece will host a ninth year of workshops in Thessaloniki and the island of Thasos. Faculty include Aimee Nezhukumatathil, Christopher Bakken, Natalie Bakopoulos, Joanna Eleftheriou, and Courtney Zoffness. We offer workshops in poetry, nonfiction, and fiction. Once again, Joanna Eleftheriou will offer afternoon sessions exploring Greek language, music, and culture. We offer several options for workshop participation, with standard durations of either two weeks or one month (customized options are available).
- June 9: Arrive in Thessaloniki; organizational meeting
- June 10: Walking tours of central Thessaloniki, Jewish Museum, Byzantine Museum. Welcome Dinner in Thessaloniki
- June 11: Travel by bus to Keramoti and by boat to Thasos; Welcome dinner on Thasos
- June 12-19: Monday-Thursday schedule: Workshop 10am-1pm, Greek language and culture class, 6-8pm; 8pm Readings by faculty and visiting writers. Friday-Sunday schedule: Free days.
- June 20: Farewell dinner on Thasos
- June 21: First two-week participants return to Thessaloniki
- June 22: First two-week participants depart
- June 22: Second two-week participants arrive in Thessaloniki
- June 23: Second two-week participants transfer to Thasos
- June 24 – July 2: Monday-Thursday schedule: Workshop 10am-1pm, Greek language and culture class, 6-8pm; 8pm Readings by faculty and visiting writers. Friday-Sunday schedule: Free days.
- July 4: Farewell dinner on Thasos
- July 5: Travel by boat to Keramoti, and by bus to Thessaloniki
- July 6: End of Program; earliest departure