Writing Workshops in Greece: Thessaloniki & Thasos
Summer 2022 in Crete
Writing Workshops in Greece will host a ninth year of workshops in Crete. Faculty include Aimee Nezhukumatathil, Christopher Bakken, Natalie Bakopoulos, Joanna Eleftheriou, and Courtney Zoffness. Once again, Joanna Eleftheriou will offer afternoon sessions exploring Greek language, music, and culture. We offer several options for workshop participation, with standard durations of either two weeks or one month (customized options are available).
Summer 2022 Sample Schedule:
- Friday, June 17: Arrivals into Heraklion
- Saturday, June 18: Visit Knossos
- Sunday, June 19: Transfer to Dalabelos. Welcome Feast.
- Monday, June 20 – Friday, June 24: Generative Workshop/Greek Class/Evening Literary Salon
- Saturday, June 25: Excursion/Free
- Sunday, June 26: Excursion/Free
- Monday June 27 to Wednesday, June 29: Generative Workshop/Conferences/Greek Class/Evening Literary Salon
- Thursday, June 30: Free Day/Final Participant Reading/Feast
- Friday, July 1: Group One Departs Dalabelos /Overnight in Heraklion. Group Two Arrives into Heraklion
- Saturday, July 2: Group One Departures. Group Two Transfer to Dalabelos. Welcome Feast for Second Group.
- Sunday, July 3: Free Day (Possible excursion)
- Monday, July 4 to Friday, July 8: Generative Workshop/Greek Class/Evening Literary Salon
- Saturday, July 9: Excursion/Free
- Sunday, July 10: Excursion/Free
- Monday, July 11 to Wednesday, July 13: Generative Workshop/Conferences/Greek Class/Evening Literary Salon
- Thursday, July 14: Free Day/ Final Participant Reading/Last Feast
- Friday 15: Departure from Dalabelos/ Overnight in Heraklion
- Saturday, July 16: Departures